Hebrew language pack for Mozilla 1.1
Language pack version: 1.0
Language pack for Mozilla 1.1.
- This pack includes a full translation of Mozilla 1.1.
- Bugs Mozilla has with displaying a Right-To-Left (RTL) interface cause some
elements, such as checkboxes, text lines, and item lists (e.g. the list of messages
in Mail & Newsgroups, list of bookmarks in the bookmarks manager, and others) to
appear not in their expected place. Additionally, a small number of dialog boxes
may by unusable, for the same reason. Most of the bugs can be found in
- The location bar received a RTL directionality, in compliance with the fact
that sites addresses are always in English. Now, Mozilla behaves better than other
translated browsers in that respect. In future versions, this feature is planned
for all fields in Mozilla's interface that hold servers' addresses (e.g. in proxy
servers settings, mail and newsgroups servers, LDAP servers and so fourth. (bug
- The translation of the help files was extended, and now there is a translation
for the help files of Mail & Newsgroups, Navigator, and part of the help for handeling
- Contrary to previous versions, a translation of the IRC client ChatZilla was
not included in this version. This component is modular, and can be installed seperately
after you install Mozilla. This imposes a unique stucture on ChatZilla, that created
technical problems in tranlsated versions in the past. In future versions of Mozilla
this component is an integral part of the package, and it is likely that a translation
will be provided at that time.
- Sharing a profile of Hebrew Mozilla with an English Mozilla or Netscape may
result in mixed Hebrew and English interface, Hebrew interface aligned to the left,
or English interface aligned to the right. If you use another install of Mozilla
or Mozilla-based browser, it is reccomended that you use a seperate profile for
- Not all help files are translated. An effort will be made to extend the amount
of translated help files in future versions of Mozilla.
- Due to a Mozilla bug, the shortcut keys for using commands with the keyboard
were left in English. When you want to use a shortcut key, make sure the keyboard
is in English mode. (bug
it is likely that other problems exist. we will be happy to
hear about them.
most of the work was done using MozillaTranslator
4.36 by Henrik Lynggaard. Final editing was done with Unipad, a Unicode editor that
can be found at www.unipad.org.
© Tsahi Asher